This recipe is a small batch version. After you make it once you will better understand this recipe and it will work in your kitchen and your pie dishes, you will need:
- Scale to weigh items
- table spoon set
- Pie pans
- Parchment paper
- Double boiler ( Bowl over hot water )
Peanut Butter Pie Crust
9 oz – oreo crumbs
2 oz – granulated sugar
6 oz – unsalted butter (melted)
- Melt butter.
- Add crumbs and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Add butter to crumbs while hot and mix. Crust should be firm and hold together if squeezed in hands.
- Line pie pan with Parchment paper (this allows you to get the pie out of the pan) Spread crumbs on bottom and sides of pie pan to create ½ “ of crust – pack until firm.
- Freeze 1 hour
Peanut Butter Pie Filling
8 oz – cream cheese Soften
8 oz – powdered sugar
9 oz – crunchy peanut butter
½ cup – heavy cream
1 tsp. – Vanilla Extract
- Place powdered sugar, peanut butter, and softened cream cheese in mixing bowl.
- Start your mixer with quick pulses to incorporate, then mix until well incorporated.
- Take off mixer.
- Using a different clean mixing bowl, combine the heavy cream and vanilla extract and whip cream until medium peaks.
- Combine whipped cream mixture and the peanut butter and mix until incorporated.
- Spread out evenly in a 10 inch pie pan with frozen crust.
Ganache, ( Chocolate topping )
18 oz – ground-block semi sweet Chocolate
½ cup – heavy cream
4 oz – granulated sugar
1 Tbl – unsalted butter
- Place cream and sugar in a double boiler and whisk over heat until sugar is dissolved. Add butter to the sugar mix and bring to a low simmer.
- Melt the chocolate in a separate double boiler.
- When cream mixture comes to a simmer, take off heat and pour cream into the melted chocolate.
- Whisk until completely smooth.
- Let cool, you want this warm for use (if too thick add additional cream).
For the finale…
This is where you need to be a little creative. What you want to do is to cut the frozen pie in any shape you want. After cutting, you can top with melted chocolate, dip in chocolate, keep the chocolate warm and do a fondu of small pieces. After dipping, you may want to sprinkle on top chopped peanuts, crushed peanut brittle etc.
Have fun and enjoy the recipe! Post your delectable creation using the hashtag #glacierpietodiefor for a chance to receive a free dessert with your next entree!